Intervention point

The intervention point that I found was time management.

Journal entry 2:
One of my problems was timing. I could have spent more time in the introductory activity to check learners understanding, making more examples and asking them more questions but I though time was not enough.

Journal entry 3:
Timing was a problem again. I could have spent more time doing the first and the second activities. I could have stopped for a while to clarify some doubts. Also, I wasted time taking learners outside because the electricity has gone off for more than fifteen minutes so my solution was to take them to the cafeteria.

Journal entry 4:
I couldn’t finish the final activity. I could have spent less time giving the instructions and making the groups. Besides, learners spent more time that I was expecting because the assignment was a little bit complex for them. 

Course of action

After selecting an issue or a concern to be solved, I come up with the following course of action. First, I have to use a watch to manage the time for the activities to be developed during the class.  Second, I have to take into account the length and the complexity of the activities. For that reason, I need to spend less time in the warming up and make the activities shorter and less demanding in terms of content. Third, I have to take into consideration the fact that students require feedback. So, it is important the time devoted to monitor students’ performance in the class. When planning the lesson I have to be prepared to face with those unexpected situations. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Maria Goretti Diaz,

    I found you and I are facing the same intervention point. I personally think you have a really good action plan to tackle time management. I think another important aspect to bear in mind is the amount of activities. Then you can minimize the amount of activities and spend the necessary time in each one.

    Kind regards,

    H.O.G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Goretti,
    Time management is one of the beggest challenges that we have as teachers; unexpected situations are happening all the time. I think that having a clock to self-monitor our time is a great idea as well as refining the aspects of the lesson planning. I think you have a very good proposal to tackle the time management issue.
    S.H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Maria,

    I agree with you, we have to be careful while selecting the content and the activities. We have to consider elements like: pacing, timing, level of complexity, learning strategies. On the other hand, doing this is a time consuming task. As reflective partitioners, we are giving our first steps to become better educators and create better learning-teaching in our teaching practices.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete